Mo Guan Shan (莫关山; Chinese: Mò Guān Shān) is a character in the 19 Days manhua. He is a trouble maker, a school bully who comes from a lower class background. His father is in prison and his mother struggles to make a living. As a result, he is always short of money. He is attractive as stated by He Tian, and shown to have a blushing female admirer. His most prominent feature is his natural red hair.
Mo Guan Shan has a white peach skin tone. He's always seen wearing white and yellow based clothes. He has both of his ears pierced and outside school he often uses earrings. Although most of his classmates see him as a school bully because of his outside appearance and bad temper, in reality he is more of an outcast than anything else. His problematic behavior at school is most likely caused by the fact that he thinks people are thinking lowly of him. He's actually a very sweet boy underneath and seems to share a very lovely and stable relationship with his mother. For unknown reasons his father is in prison but he seems to believe in his innocence. He shows a tsundere side with He Tian. He is either mad at him for no special reason or gets easily flustered when the He Tian touches him or initiates any type of physical contact.
Mo Guan Shan starts as a "bully" who picks on Jian Yi and later physically hurts Zhan Zheng Xi. Shortly after He Tian, despite being friends with Jian Yi and Zhan Zheng Xi, begins to develop feelings for him and starts following him around, much to Guan Shan's disdain.
When his first kiss is stolen by He Tian, he gets very angry assuming he was only making fun of him, to the point of crying and yelling whislt leaving a speechless He Tian behind. After this event He Tian refrains from being too pushy but still pursues him anyways. Despite everything and with time, Guan Shan seems to start seeing him in a different light, proven by his self conscious and flustered behaviour at any kind of physical contact with He Tian.
When Mo Guan Shan is framed by She Li for assaulting a girl, he is surprised when he sees Jian Yi and Zhan Zheng Xi helping him by clearing his name thus kindling the friendship a little better. Later, he finds He Tian injured after having fought with She Li on his behalf and is inwardly greatly touched. Subsequently, they share a moment where they lock hands, interlacing their fingers together, while Guan shan uses his own shirt to wipe He Tian's blood.
When Guan Shan accepts to go dinner with He Tian after finishing the job He Tian had gotten for him, the restaurant they go to turns out to be same restaurant his father used to own in his childhood. Surprised and caught unaware, a few traumatizing flashbacks of his childhood seize him causing him to leave the place in a jiffy. He Tian goes after him to find him having a slight panic attack. That very moment marks one of the first times Mo Guan Shan seeks He Tian for comfort, having the latter stay by his side until the end of his tiny episode, and eventually getting him home safely in a taxi ride.
Despite his initial hostility towards He Tian, he seems to care a lot about his safety, one such time being when he thought He Tian was in some kind of danger and didn't waste a second in running to his house to save him, Through the course of events and with a little theatric on He Tian's part, he confesses that he doesn't hate him as much. He Tian, with his air of mischief, seemingly interprets this as a love confession. It all ends up as a little misunderstanding.
In chapter 196, Mo Guan Shan takes an early leave from school to visit his father in prison supposedly for the first time. Here we learn the reason being his father having never allowed him to visit earlier. Between tears, he shows his resolve to become a courageous and upstanding person like his father is. Later that day, Guan Shan recalls his childhood past where he was bullied and shunned by his peers due to his family situation. In the end, he ends up getting in trouble with a mob and is beaten up till He Tian comes to his rescue. A notable change in their relationship's dynamics is observed here when Mo Guan Shan grabs He Tian's hand to escape the furious mob, instead of running away alone as per He Tian's urging.
Eventually, they manage to escape and run away together but Mo Guan Shan ends up losing consciousness due to blood loss and falls into He Tian's arms. The next time he wakes up, he is in the hospital with He Tian right beside him, telling him to not worry, and that he paid all the hospital fees. For the next few days, he notices He Tian's absence and even enquires from Jian Yi about it. It seems that after the recent events taken place, Mo Guan Shan might have started to realize an evident sort of physical attraction towards He Tian, getting to the point where he dreams about him repeatedly.
When Jian Yi, accompanied by Zhan Zheng Xi, comes to visit him at home, he reluctantly lets them in. Mo Guan Shan just ignores them and seems distracted by his phone but when Jian Yi gets up and offers him a bag of money to help pay the loan, Mo Guan Shan is visibly bothered and tells him to take it back. He leaves the house to buy some drinks wondering if Jian Yi robbed a bank just when he notices a pair of shoes right in front of him. The moment he realizes those belong to He Tian and is about to say his name, he is left speechless when the just arrived He Tian leans over him and rests his head in the crook of his neck. Noticing something is very off with He Tian, he lets him have his way.
- He is Right-handed. (as seen in the ch 281)
- He is a good cook, noted by He Tian, Zhan Zheng Xi, and Jian Yi.
- His family used to own a restaurant, so that's probably why he's a good cook.
- He's seen wearing an orange bracelet in many chapters and in different illustrations.
- Official illustrations hint that He Tian and him are a couple in the future. A few of them even sometime before that.
- He Tian gave him the English nickname of "Don't Close Mountain" (a literal translation of his name) and "Little Mo".
- He Tian gave him a giant plush sandwich for Valentine's Day.
- He has kept the Adidas jacket He Tian lent him.
- He has a very scientific Zodiac book.
- He has pierced ears and owns a pair of black studs given to him by He Tian.
- His red hair is natural, not dyed.
- He's always seen eating sandwiches.
- He likes sunflower seeds and has stuck them to the classroom windows before using 504, causing him to get in trouble in school.
- He smokes in future chapters.
- He Tian and him are shown shotgun kissing in one of Old Xian's official illustrations.
- He owns a bike and rides it home/school sometimes.
- He seems wary of needles.
- Mo Guan Shan is shown wearing a matching Cartier wedding ring with He Tian in one official illustration.
- In certain chapters Mo is seen with jewelry in the area he asked He Tian to pierce.
- "What is it to you? Are we suppose to be familiar?" (Mo Guan Shan to He Tian)
- "The other party is gentle, caring and understanding?… What is this nonsense?" (Mo Guan Shan to himself)
- "He Tian..." (Mo Guan Shan says He Tian's name for the first time)
- "Bro... You... aren't in love, are you?" (Mo Guan Shan's friend about him)
- "F*ck you! Youre in love! your whole families in love!" (Mo Guan to friend)
- "I was kidding earlier! He Tian! I don't actually hate you that much!" (Mo Guan Shan to He Tian)
- "...I've been doing very well... I've been taking good care of mom... I go to school on time... and I am able to make friends with the people in my school... more than anything... I will become someone courageous and upstanding like how father is..." (Mo Guan Shan to his father)
- "Where's He Tian?" (Mo Guan Shan asking Jian Yi for He Tian)
- "Dammit... I dreamed about that bastard again..." (Mo Guan Shan to himself about He Tian)
- "You... You came back..." (Mo Guan Shan to He Tian when he returns)
- "Behind the black curtains, I avoided everyone’s sight, but bumped into you." (Mo Guan Shan about He Tian)
- "Just now... you... were jerking around and screaming for help in your sleep... I was so scared that you had some weird illness and were dying..." (Mo Guan Shan to He Tian)
- "I'm so bothered by you...Of course I'll remember you for the rest of my life" (Mo Guan Shan to HeTian )